the thing with friendship is...

Monday, September 15, 2008


So. I had a pretty rough weekend, to say the least. I just found out that a friend of mine, who I now consider my bff(!), is now considering moving and working somewhere else, as in far somewhere else. I guess i have to give a background as to the reason why i'm upset, right? Ok, here it is. For the past few months now, the bff & i have been looking together for jobs overseas, because, let's face it, the pay is higher (yeah, i know what you're thinking, i'm in it for the money!). so we've decided on a south east asian country because it's nearer and easier to go & apply to as opposed to countries in Europe os North America. We got short listed & interviewed by an agency and informed that we have to wait a month to see if we got the job. Well, last week I texted bff and asked her what she's been up to and she replied, that she was accepted and is now arranging to get all the necesssary docs to go to Canada.
Okaaaay... i thought i must have read the text wrong because i just got up from a nap, so i read it again. No change, it does say what i first thought it said.
So i guess I'm feeling a lil' bit dejected. It's not the first time ive been left hanging in the air like this. But this is kinda major, you know? And a little bit sudden. Maybe if she told me ahead of time that she's no longer interested in the SG job and that she would like to just pursue this one, then i guess part of me would have been ok with it. I mean, at least I get a warning. Don't close friends deserve at least that?
The thing with friendship is, you go through ups and downs together, you support and encourage each other thru every problems that life throws at you, no matter how big or little it is. And you learn to grow and forgive each other. Because having a friend who knows you, who accepts you for who and what you are, I think it's priceless. And I really don't want to lose any of them at this stage in my life. I once read somewhere that you only get to know at least 3 or 4 people in your life that will really be your close friends, and i'm counting her as 1 of those 4 people.
It will take time, I guess, for me to actually just forget about this. Who knows? Maybe the situation might still change. But I'm still hoping for the best for her in everything she does, I think that's the best thing that a friend can ever do.

0 comments: