my horoscope

Thursday, March 5, 2009

i have this often funny fascination with reading my horoscope. it doesn't matter if i read it from the newspaper, online (like friendster) or from a really old copy of a magazine. i just read it, i kinda gravitate towards it.

so today, while checking my friendster account, guess what it said?
here it is, and i quote:

The Bottom Line
Too modest to flirt with that incredible new hottie? Go on -- take a chance today!

In Detail
Too shy to say what you really want to say to that incredible hottie you've been crushing on? Saying something out loud that reveals your inner hopes and wishes might feel like an invitation for rejection, but in reality it's a very empowering act! So state your truth, stand by your statement, and be ready for whatever consequences come. It is better to try and miss than to not try at all and let a chance pass you by. Own your feelings by giving them the respect they deserve.


it's really probably just coincidence, but this one made me think. my train of thought these past few days have been going to this direction. i'm not really one of those girls who say what they want to say out loud. most of the time i just keep it to myself.

there have been times in the past when i really wanted to stand up and just declare my feelings for all to hear, but too often, at the last minute, i always chicken out.

yep, i'm a coward.
it's not something i'm proud of, but just thinking of rejection and the pain it'll cause me later just makes me want to shake to the very tips of my toes. plus, add to that the humiliation of having to see that particular person almost every freakin' day. yeah, i'd rather just die... but then again, it does have it's advantages, like finally having to unburden myself from all the pent up emotions and feelings that's all bottled up inside. sooo... what do you think?

should i tell?
...
...

uhmmm...
nope, i don't think so!
yep, DEFINITELY A COWARD!

0 comments: